Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years...Perhaps the best/worse holiday?

Every December I find myself looking more and more forward to New Year's Eve, and I think "this is hands down the best holiday". Can it really even be called a holiday though? All we're doing is celebrating another day on the calendar and celebrating the survival of our species for another year. But, it is an excuse for everyone to get shit faced, eat lots of food and dance like an idiot. I believe I successfully completed all of those tasks last night. The drinking I dominated at. We started off the night watching Beerfest, which accurately forshadowed the rest of the night. I took like 4 shots in the first hour, then pulled out my breathalizer I got for Christmas from my Dad, and blew a .05. Me and three other friends were having a contest, every hour starting at 9:00 we were gonna take it and see who had the highest at the end of the night. I was tied for the lead after the first hour and steadily took the lead throughout the night. After probably 12 shots of captain, 2 everclear jello shots and a tiny bit of beer I was pretty tanked. I woke up this morning and looked on the white board where we kept the scores and apparently at 2:10 am I blew a .32, now I don't really remember this, but the white board does not lie. I took one this morning also when I woke up and blew a .07, I was pretty pleased with myself.

Then I realized how shitty I felt and remembered why New Years is awesome and sucky at the same time. Monster headache, dehydration, loss of appetite, I just felt like puking all morning. Right now I'm sure all of you are asking yourself, "why am I reading this", if anyone has actually even read this far. But New Years is great, spending time with all your friends, letting loose and having fun. I'm moving back in to my house on Grand Ave. later today so, so long Eden Prairie and hello class at 9:00 am. Happy New Year.

Bequee (I'm experimenting with new name spellings so it's not so girly)

2 Comments:

Blogger p-hat said...

"bequee"? you might want to note the fact that this 'attempt' to manify your nickname is one letter short of "be-queer"

but boy am i glad i spent the last 10 minutes trying to spell "beckified"...it's a good thing you didn't spell it like you spell your last name...

12:10 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks for notifying me of that Patrick, seems like you need to update your blog.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home