Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Flying

Well it's currently 8:07, which means Pat will be here in 38 minutes and from there I'll be on a plane in no more than 2 hours and 28 minutes....
I hate flying.

I have hated flying ever since I was little, and it's not just when I fly either. Whenever someone in my family flies or one of my close friends fly, I get nervous. I find myself saying numerous prayers, and even catching myself checking the news or MSN frequently. It's not fun.

Most people can tell that I'm nervous before a flight, because I get very talkative (seriously more talkative than I normally am). I also fidget with my hands alot, and you'll see me playing with the cross on my necklace also. I don't know if I've ever told anyone this but I have a ritual before I bored a plane. When I am sitting at the terminal I usually say a short prayer while holding my cross, then continue to hold it while I'm in line to board. When I get past the flight attendant, right before I head into that tube thing onto the plane, I always pull the Catholic stunt and throw in a, in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Still holding my cross I always walk by myself down that tube and say a prayer for however long I'm in there.

When I reach the entrance to the plane i throw in another, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit (usually the flight attendants give me an odd look) and I board the plane, where I will sit scared for the next 3 hours or so.

Why should I hate flying? I have had many people try to convince me that I shouldn't be, because "you're getting on a plane which means you're going somewhere fun!" or "you shouldn't worry only 1 plane out of every 137,491 crash" or some crazy shit like that. Whatever, I'm trapped in a giant mettalic object in a tight space, 15,000 feet above the ground and I have no control over anything that happens.....I fucking hate it. Since, I've turned 21 I don't just handle my fear with prayer but also a little boozing. It relaxes me a bit and makes me sleepy, but I don't know how my teammates would feel about me drinking at 10:30 AM.

As you can see this blog is just a way for me to get some of my nervousness out because I have noone to talk to at the moment. But, I need to go get ready now. See you all in Sarasota or back in Minnesota....hopefully. haha

Becky out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home