Monday, October 23, 2006

T-Minus 2 days

Well it's now only two days until I leave for Florida and Nationals....and I can't focus on a fucking thing. In management today I caught myself doing what I have been doing the past two weeks. I sit there with my group at a round table and listen to our professor drone on about management, and I doodle...doodle doodle doodle. If I were to scan my notebook from each class on to here you all would probably ask "how the fuck is he going to graduate?". It literally says "Moe 2k6, Nationals, Florida, Moe, Sarasota, Beckified" and other ultimate related things.

I have this huge project to do and all I can do is doodle, ah well my group can pick up my slack muahaha.

I have also been reading RSD alot, which is normal, but when I'm reading the 2006 Mixed Nationals Predictions, I catch myself getting really worked up. There have been a few predictions where Moe has lost to Briefcase in pool play and we don't make quarters or prequarters and I really get pissed at this. Then I take a breath and realize that I'm crushing my mouse and kinda relax a bit. I try to think about what all the older more experienced people around me say, and they all kinda say the same thing "win your games and nothing else matters". I like that. Flaming Moe hasn't lost more than 2 games in a single tournament all year and there's no reason that is gonna change now.

I'm so excited, I feel like a kid who is anxiously awaiting his summer vacation to Disney World and I'm sure most of my teammates would say, yeah Becky you are a kid. I'm not just excited to be in Florida and play with some of the best people in the world, but excited to see my teammates who have worked so hard over the past few years to get here, step out on to those dew covered fields Thursday morning and play their hearts out....Briefcase, we're coming for ya and it's gonna be just like semifinals of Regionals.

David out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Seiler said...

Becks,

Yes, it's important to win games, but it's really only important to win the important games. How do you determine which games are important? Well, maybe not until you are looking back at the tournament. But think about this. CLX went 5-3 in 2004 and got 2nd. 6-3 in 2005 and tied for third. You can lose at nationals and still place well.

Newer teams to nationals think you have to win all of your games, but the important thing is to be in position to play in quarters on Saturday. Don't waste all your energy winning games on Thursday and Friday. Drive Through Liquor is a team that loved to do that. They would always play well on days one and two and then blow it on Friday night or Saturday morning. Slow White did the same thing last year. Won every game on Thursday/Friday, but then tanked on Saturday.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't give it your all on Thursday and Friday, but more that you shouldn't let early losses bother you too much or waste all your energy winning potentially meaningless games.

Well, good luck.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home