Saturday, October 21, 2006

MacTommie CUP 2k6

Today St. Thomas had our annual MacTommie cup against Macalester. It's played on this open space of grass in their quad. It's probably been going on for maybe 5 years or so, maybe longer. The B team started out the day and did pretty well I thought, especially for the lack of experience they had. Then the women's game was next and they were playing great from what I saw, then Men's A had to go warm up, I'm not sure what the final was but I know our women won.
So, we started warming up and throwing around and ran two drills both of which looked great. People were making awesome throws, running through their catches, and catching them!! We started out the game pulling and came up with a quick break and continued to do that the rest of the half, and took half 8-0. Man, everyone was just playing awesome, hard D, great throws, good cuts, smart decisions, I was very pleased....
Needless to say we ended up winning the game pretty easily, 15-4?? I felt good, had a few really nice hucks for scores, and one that shoulda been completed. Hit my unders, broke, and actually I got up on a few points...and I can't jump. So, all in all it was a good day, I'm proud of all my boys and we're gonna do well come the spring season.
Now I need to go eat something, because I was bombed last night at Wade and Rita's wedding, it was alotta fun.
Ummm, going out to uptown for a bit tonight, coming back and having the MacTommie party where everyone will be hammered...good times.


Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home