Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Regional Thoughts

Regionals has come and gone....and it went extremely well. For probably the 12 of you who read my blog, you already know that VBB has made nationals and how we made it. Here are just a few thoughts and comment I have about the weekend.

Dank
  • Qualifying for nationals after going 1-2 to start the tournament, then winning 6 straight games.
  • The team really bonding together on Sunday and really getting the sidelines into every single game
  • Everyone making the best out of the points they played and really giving it their all
  • The Rackages dominating the region and them supporting us all the way
  • It was really nice to see alot of guys on the team getting emotional after we qualified, but it really meant alot to me to see Rob, Louis, and Jimmy get teary eyed. I've known these guys for some years now and I know how bad they've wanted this and it meant alot to see them so happy. I'm proud of you guys.
  • Throwing the frisbee to Simon (Karl Doege's dog) many many times
  • Spending the weekend with a dank group of peeps, and getting wasted Sunday night at the Tin Dog. "WE'RE GOING TO CLUB OPEN NAAAAATIONALS."

Un-Dank

  • Dropping a grip load of cash to go to Tulsa
  • Having my flight from Duluth to Mpls. cancelled and having to take a school bus to Mpls. barely making my flight to Tulsa.
  • The weather, off and on pouring rain, then sun, then warm rain, then cold rain.
  • The whole blown out of proportion ordeal with Madcow, and seeing half of their team belittle and scream obscenities at my friend and my teammate.
  • Madcow posting on RSD that our team was classless and that we won because of cheap calls and biased observers. (dicks)
  • Willis from Madcow having a serious knee injury.
  • Having my flight from Tulsa to Mpls. cancelled due to weather that was perfect.
  • Passing out wasted at 3:30 am Monday morning, waking up at 5am and taking a cab to the airport. Waiting in line to get my boarding pass for 15 minutes, get to the front, then run to the bathroom to throw up because I'm still drunk as fuck.
  • My flights from Mpls. to Duluth being cancelled two more times, and Northwest losing my bag.

But all in all, it was an adventure and I had a blast. Lots of memories from this weekend, and Im sure Florida will only bring better and brighter things. See all you VBB and Rackages in Sarasota.


David

p.s. Im up at 6:00 am now because Ive been studying for a midterm since 9:30 pm.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Holy crap my friend you have gone through quite the ordeal and it is only Wednesday!

Florida will just have to bring easy free travels for all as booking a flight for me is an ordeal.

But i just must say that i loved the RSD post. I hat RSD and i will now not go back on there, or at least i hop ei never go back on that site, but i loved your post. I laughed out loud at work.

Keep on beckifying!

12:04 PM  
Blogger jimmy said...

You know the whole beck-world reads your blog man. Almost time to get beck-wild in Sarasota.

I am now even more concerned about taking 3 NWA flights for nationals. They charge so little to fly, but I guess that is easy when you don't fly half your routes. If they mess up me getting to nationals......Well, I can't make airline threats on the internet because Bush is watching us all.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Robbie Shapiro said...

i like becky

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home