Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This was supposed to be the summer of George!!!!

So far summer has been pretty nice. I've graduated and decided not to get a job yet, so I'm just coasting off of my grad money. I get to sleep in, play Nintendo Wii, workout, throw the disc and eat pizza whenever I want...i love it. However, I do find myself getting bored at times, which is why I'm surprised I haven't posted more often on here. Zero tryouts have come and gone and I got cut, which I'm not too heart broken about. I think I would be more dissapointed in myself if I were completely healthy, in shape, and playing in my normal position with my dominant hand. Not that I'm going to use all that as an excuse as to why I didn't make it, but let's be honest here that didn't help anything. I'm happy for all the guys who did make it and I hope Zero rocks it at nationals this year.

As for frisbee this summer goes, I'm still up in the air. I went to some Moe tryouts but missed a bunch because of Zero tryouts and missed their tryout tournament because of my graduation party (thanks mother), so they decided to cut me this year. That's fair. So, I've been going to Liquid Assets the past week and a half and playing with them, they said I have a roster spot on their team if I want it, but I'm going to be trying out with the Van Buren Boys. I will be going to their practices on July 14-15, and then playing with them at MUDI and MoTown, then they will decide whether to keep my beautiful ass or not.

I really would like to play with VBB this year, I'm friends with a bunch of guys on the team and they will be very competetive in the series, and ideally that's what I'm looking for. Also, a team that can make me better and teach me, and I believe that they could do that for me. I'd really like to learn some things from Ross Cram....man he's got big calves. Also, Louis has been telling me about Matt Ellsworth and how funny he is and I would like to meet this Ellsworth and discuss the hilarities of life with him. I just read Louis blog, and I realized it has been so long since I've played in a tournament. The last one I played in was the indoor one where I broke my wrist (fuck you St Johns fuck you, Im coming for the rat bastard that took me out) and that was only like a 4 team tournament. Soooo, the last time I played in an outdoor tournament was Nationals last year.....That is far too long.

Random Things

* My Mom got an 8 week old puppy, half Beijon half poodle, her name is Sophie. Me and my brothers aren't too fond of the name it's too girly, so I think I'm going to call it blade.

* Scratch that Im going to call it Brutus

* Wrist is getting better I can throw again, but it is awfully weak and gets pretty sore after playing. But it is definately nice to handle again I don't know how the fuck cutters do what they do.

* If anyone wants to see my Bungee Jumping DVD from when I jumped 440 feet in New Zealand, come over and check it out!

* I'm really stretching for more things to say so I will stop here....

Over and out.

beckford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home