Friday, April 20, 2007

Northwoods Sectionals

Sectionals is upon us.... I love this time of the year (More so when I can actually play). But I love going to the fields and seeing all the people I know and just watching all the ultimate, good times.

Good luck to all you teams out there, except for you St. Johns. You ruined my life this year by taking me out and I can only hope swift vengence is brought down upon you, like Thor's mighty hammer. (Sorry Crotchy)

Predictions
1) CUT- I don't see how anybody can really stop Goldstein and his posse.
2) Minnesota- A ton better this year, good team, but losing Geo hurts and Mr. Gill can only do so much.
3) Winona St.- Don't really know a ton about these guys this year, but I do know that they will be working their asses off to do well for Ollie.
4) St. Olaf- I guess I was never really that impressed with Olaf this year but apparently they've been doing well, and they do have one of the craftiest ultimate players as their coach...He's just full of craftiness.
5) GOPenis- I know alot of teams dont really like GOP, but I love these guys, good people and they do well every year. Plus they're from Carleton.
6) Gustavus- Out of every team in the section GAC probably bothers me the most. Their style of play (basically huck and hope) and swillyness bugs the shit out of me. They don't really have a solid handler crew so look for Rizzo and Max to try and do all the work, but we'll see how strong their shoulders are.
On a side note, I think it is fucking ridiculous that Iowa gets 5 bids to regionals. Sure Grinell has gotten alot better, but Nebraska!!! You have to be shittin me, all I know is if they go to regionals they're gonna get blown out by everyone. They lost to Oklahoma St...TWICE. And St. Thomas beat Oklahoma St. 13-3....Yikes. And the Northwoods has 15 teams compared to West Plains which had 9....stupid.
See you this weekend.
becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home