Thursday, April 12, 2007

RSD Ridiculousness

Dont'cha just love RSD? I know I read it all the time and visit it daily, but man is it just ridiculous at times. I of course add to this ridiculousness because I often post when I am highly intoxicated. For example, the "Who else hates Wisconsin Ultimate" thread. I was bombed when I posted on there (like I said in my previous post) but I don't necessarily believe in what I said, except for the stuff about Shane. Then this guy Casey posts a response later on where he makes a copy of some of the UPA rankings where there are B teams ahead of St. Thomas and says something like,
"Somehow, the inane prattling of the '06 Captain of St. Thomas doesn't seem to hold much weight."
This is why I love RSD. I don't know if he was just trying to be funny or what, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know me or my team, so obviously I just take it with a grain of salt. Funny shit, that thread is now on 91 posts I think. Shane or any Hodag, if you read this, do something crazy (without injuring someone) just so another thread like this will come up. People take RSD so seriously sometimes and it's just silly. Don't get me wrong, RSD can be used for meaningful and thought out conversations and discussions, but threads like that one don't belong (unless it's for humor). If you have a beef with someone, find out their email, I'm sure you could do it with ease through RSD, and email them personally and have a conversation with them, don't belittle someone on a public forum. Ehh whatever, no big deal though.
Random Things
  • I might play sectionals if I can convince my Dr. to slap a hard cast on my wrist.
  • I've had some random people talk to me about them trying out for Moe, which pleases me.
  • Props to the Hodag website, I actually enjoy Muffin's write ups and think they're pretty funny, nice pictures and vids also.
  • U of M website, come on update it, no Centex write up yet. Pictures? Vids?
  • Other than that shiz, I look forward to seeing all of you at Sectionals in 9 days, it'll be a good time.

Take care,

Becky

2 Comments:

Blogger Schmelz said...

You and I are definitely in agreement about RSD. I never take anything that's written on there seriously. It's more like reading a tabloid than a newspaper.

In order to get others to understand when you're being sarcastic, you almost have to tell them outright. Maybe that's what I should do from now on!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Schmelz said...

P.S. Hope the wrist is coming around. Take it from a guy who was dumb enough to play a full club season with a torn ACL, get everything fixed first before coming back.
(Other players offering medical advice...now it really does feel like RSD in here)

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home