Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Penny Whistles and Moon Pies

It's been quite awhile since my last post, which I'm not surprised about considering how busy I've been. 5 classes, service hours I have to complete to graduate (which is coaching at Hopkins) captaining my team, and this stupid wrist ordeal. Plus, I've been thinking about my blog and I don't really have any exciting, pertanent information, basically it's just me rambling on about what's going on in my life. I don't give any life lessons or have any witty remarks like Mr. Seiler.
I've kinda been in a daze the past month or so, just trying to make it through each week without flipping out on someone. I think most of this stress is built up from the lack of ultimate, I mean this is the longest I've gone without ultimate since before my freshman year. So, to replace my playing I've been watching alot of ultimate, I bought the UVTV college package thing and I just ordered the WUCC open dvd. Hopefully these will feed my cravings for a while.

I've finally started working out again too, the doctor didn't want me to run or do anything while I had a hard cast on but I got this removable splint put on last week, so I've been doing some distance running, leg lifts and some sprints, and the occasional 8 minute abs at night. At this point I just want to get to where I was when I got injured, which was in pretty darn good shape, but it'll probably take me a month or so. Which would lead to Zero tryouts, I think the first ones are May 12,13th? Something like that. I won't be able to throw with my right hand yet, but hopefully my bone will be healed completely so I can run drills and play defense and all that jazz. If it isn't healed then I can't run the risk of falling on it and fucking up the whole surgery. We'll just have to see.

On a seperate note, I posted on RSD to that huge ridiculous thread on Shaner from Wisconsin. I'll stick up for him any day and meant everything I said about his character and all, but I kinda regret spouting off that other shit about "who thinks about laying out, it just happens". I believe I was intoxicated at the time I wrote that, so for all of you out there who think I'm a mongoloid for saying that, I was drunk, that's my excuse. It kind of made sense to me at the time....I think. Anyways, I'm just ready for school to be done with, to graduate and start fresh. My application to the U of M is being reviewed right now and I should hear back within a few weeks, so keep your feathers crossed for me Grey Duck. (That may have been way cheesey but come on, im working on the wittiness). I really hope I get to play with Duck next year, it'd be fun to play on a competetive team. And I can't fucking wait to watch the sectionals finals this year and watch all the regionals games, it's gonna be a blast.

So, yeah, if anyone knows the confirmed sub zero captains for this year can you comment on this with their email addresses? That'd be sweet, thanks.

Fucking snow.

Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home